County VAN Administrators
County Administration 2020
This page is for Local Committee VAN Administrators. Each committee may designate someone to be a local VAN administrator to provide local support and training in accordance with the State Party policies and under the supervision of the state party VoteBuilder administrator.
For the 2020 cycle, the Local Committee Survey Questions to plug into your Scripts are:
- 20_Party_ID: How would you describe your party affiliation?
- 20_LC_ManPolls: Will you man the polls on Election Day? (This is for giving out sample ballots, etc.)
- 20_LC_Volunteer: Will you volunteer for your Local Committee?
- After acquiring responses, you can Create A List of people who said Yes or Maybe to these questions and create a Virtual Phone Bank to reach back out.
After the June primary, general candidate support questions will be made available.
Local Committee Use (Guidelines)
Local committees may have up to five VoteBuilder accounts once their dues have been paid. They may have additional accounts if they have designated a local administrator to set up, support and train local users.
Local committees can use their VoteBuilder accounts for producing walk-lists, call-lists, virtual phone banks as well as maintaining their own membership and volunteer and e-mail lists in MyCampaign. Each committee is set up with its own My Campaign database, which is maintained and accessible only to their committee users.
Please note that local candidates must have their own VoteBuilder committee. The Local committee accounts are to be used only on local committee sponsored and paid for activities. A campaign or local candidate can't use his local committee account to run his/her walk-list for their campaign instead of getting his own candidate account. The committees can, however, support their candidates and use VoteBuilder for committee sponsored phone banks, mailers, or canvasses once the campaigns have their own account. Once the campaign is up and running, there are ways to share Surveys, Scripts, and other campaign activities with the committee and vice-verse to help coordinate.
Local Committee Administrators
Local Committee Administrators will have access to the State VoteBuilder Administrator's portal for local admin information and training materials. Local Committee Administrators will have a higher level profile. This profile will enable them to:
1) Create and maintain users
2) Answer support questions through the VAN ticket system
3) Create Locality Specific Activist Codes
4) Access & set up Robo and other paid phone services.
If you have further questions, reach out to us at email@example.com.